*Offering Services Online! Call Today for more information!*
BRINGING BABY HOME (BBH). Having a baby is an opportunity for a new beginning, new relationships are built, new goals are set, and new dreams are created. However, despite the excitement that comes with welcoming a new baby, research shows that within years after birth of a child, approximately two-thirds of couples will experience a significant drop in their relationship quality and will have a dramatic increase in conflict and anger. The challenges for new parents can also include emotional changes. Many mothers experience the baby blues and other postpartum mood disorders.
Couples that participate in BBH will learn:
(1) how to maintain relationship satisfaction after having a baby,
(2) reduce relationship hostility and increase affection,
(3) promote positive parent-baby interactions,
(4) promote quality involvement for both parents, and
(5) reduce the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorders.
If you are finding yourself having trouble in your relationship after bringing home the baby, I am here to help. Feel free to give me a call at 631.692.9689, or email me at [email protected].